Thursday, April 05, 2007

Izzy update...

The botox injections went fine. The doctor gave us his opinion about Izzy's hip x-ray. He would like to refer us to a orthopedic surgeon for a tendon release procedure. After a family meeting that ended with a chain prayer, we have decided to wait. We will do exercises with Iz for the next couple of months and ask everyone to join us in prayer specifically for Izzy's hips. After a couple of months we will have x-rays taken again to decide if we should take more drastic measures. We only want the best for our sweet Isabelle. She is a precious child and we all love her more than words can describe.

I took Iz to the dds for a follow up and he was very pleased! HE gave her a thumbs up A+ on her mouth healing. We will go back in 6 months.

Izzy went to school today and did two rounds of therapy yesterday. She did a great job! I can already see the beginning of the botox results. She will begin serial casting on her feet in a week or so. This will last about 4 weeks. We will all need prayers during these four weeks.

We depend on the Lord alone to save us. Only he can help us, protecting us like a shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we are trusting in his holy name. Let your unfailing love surround us Lord, for our hope is in you alone. Psalms 33:20-22

post signature

1 comment:

Arlene said...

I'm glad her mouth is healing well!
What is serial casting, and what is it for?
What's wrong with her hips?