Thursday, May 07, 2009

zoo and orange...

Yesterday when I was picking up Isabelle from school, they were letting her choose the color of her new hand splints. I usually just order pink or purple when we get any type of splints or orthotics... anyway, with her new found ability to make choices using her left hand for no and right for yes... they were eliminating choices and had it narrowed down to three. Pink, neon green, and orange. I watched as they showed her each color several times and she chose orange! I couldn't believe it! Gram and her love of OSU has obviously had more affect on Iz than I had thought! So she'll be sporting fancy orange hand splints.


Today was the zoo field trip. After an early morning State Honor Society breakfast, me and Izzy headed to the zoo. We actually beat the school buses by almost an hour! I was happy to see a few old friends from church and then a couple of "girls" I graduated with not many years ago :) ... It was nice catching up and then we hit the zoo!



It was a very humid day. My hair is the biggest evidence of that!!!



Izzy and Emelia (Izzy's school para/mom's daughter) got airbrushed tatoos at the zoo. They chose butterflies.

We braved the stinky snake house! Here's Izzy checking out a tortoise!


The snakes were icky! But we looked at them all!





There were two things I didn't exactly enjoy about the timing of our zoo trip. 1. It was feeding time which meant there were a lot of animals gnawing on a lot of nasty bones and other things... and 2. Those things have to come out of those animals and the gorillas made quite a show of that. I will spare you the details, but lets just say some things should NEVER be eaten!


This is teacher appreciation week and me and Izzy sure do appreciate these two girls!!! Michele and Melanie are the most awesomest bestest para and teacher ever!!!
Here's Izzy and Michele's daughter Emily. They had fun zoo-ing together today!
This is what kept me and izzy hydrated! Our favorite drink!

post signature

No comments: