Friday, January 09, 2009

izzy's report card

Kindergarten Progress Report
January 8, 2009
Izzy is demonstrating improvement on a regular basis in several areas since our last progress report.
Izzy is using her eye gaze on a more consistent basis to choose activities and when making her preference known from a choice of two things. She is becoming more vocal both with her likes and dislikes!
In the general education classroom she sits very attentively during group time on the carpet and has started responding vocally when the other students are interacting with her.
Izzy’s new chair is allowing her to be more on the same physical level as her peers in the classroom. The students love to sit beside her or stand by her chair and help her with her work. Izzy shows she enjoys this as well by looking at them and trying to do what is asked.
In Physical Therapy Izzy is showing major improvements. She always pushes with her legs when asked to stand and seems to be developing more head control.
My goal for Izzy is that we continue to provide her with many opportunities to communicate her wants and needs to friends and teachers and give her many opportunities to communicate what she is learning. We will continue to try to make school fun, interesting, challenging and a place where she can make many good friends.
Izzy is precious and a delight to work with!
Melanie
I HEART Melanie. She always expects a lot from Isabelle and I give God the glory for each and every improvement, but expecting things from Isabelle is wonderful because she meets those expectations.
After school yesterday Melanie mentioned she had a good day with Camilla. When we got home Camilla had emailed this:
Annie:
Sorry I had to leave today before I got to talk to you. Izzy did a fantasticjob in P.T. today. Her standing looked incredible - feet flat on the floor (shehad her braces on), working really hard to keep her knees straight, keeping herhead up. I was really encouraged today and I am so excited for that Kidwalk tocome in. Izzy seemed pleased, as well, and smiled several times. It was a greatday. I told her she brought joy to my heart!!! Hope you all have a greatweekend. Camilla
I ♥ Camilla! She has always pushed Isabelle with love!

post signature

2 comments:

Joyful Days said...

Sounds like you and Izzy are blessed with a couple of angels without wings.

Such an awesome report!

Julie

Luke's Mom said...

You are a blessed Mom to have such wonderful teachers for Izzy. Sometimes when I read your blog I think seriously think about putting Luke into school, but I don't think I can do it. I'm just not sure that I could find such wonderful teachers.

Izzy is doing great and looking wonderful. I loved the picture of her and Emilia sleeping. Sometimes when I look at Luke when he is sleeping I think you would never know he is so different when he is awake. Hanging on to our miracle!

Suzi